Hi, I’m Bailey (yes, just like the drink)! Thank you for taking a moment to stop by One Tip For The Future. You may be wondering about the origins of my blog name, so to clear up any confusion, I will explain…
In 1997, a columnist by the name of Mary Schmich wrote a sort of “Graduation Speech” for the Chicago Tribune. People went haywire for her concise collection of life advice, duly noting that none of it really had “any basis more reliable than [Mary’s] own meandering experience”. She covered all facets of life from love to hair, travel to self-esteem and of course, sunscreen. If you have not heard film director, Baz Luhrmann’s version of the speech, I strongly urge you to have a listen.
This speech is the inspiration behind “One Tip For The Future”. There are many aspects in life that impact your overall well-being and so I strive to cover some big topics like fitness and nutrition that will have a huge impact on the quality of your present and future life. Essentially, I hope to provide one tip for your future through my own journey to find a healthy balance in my life.
Here are 10 things about me that you should know:
- I like variety in life which means that my blog which is based around the theme of balanced living, will cover various topics such as nutrition, food, travel, fitness and overall wellness.
- The 80/20 rule: 80% of the time eat well and fuel your body with the nutrition it needs to be the best you can be. The other 20% of the time, allow yourself to indulge a little. I believe that eating should be enjoyable!
- I am a Certified Nutrition and Wellness Specialist through CanFitPro, so I strongly believe in finding a balanced lifestyle through physical activity, nutrition and emotional/mental well-being.
- I’m in love with travel and culture and have lived in Germany and Hong Kong which means that I have had some great hubs to travel elsewhere. Once you’ve caught the travel bug, does it ever really go away? I don’t think so….
- I grew up in a small town in Ontario, Canada.
- I often wonder if there is a Pinterest rehab center, because I need it.
- I met the love of my life on a walk to class when we were both 21 and studying Business in university. We have been happily together for 4 years. I can’t imagine anyone I would rather have spent those years with! And most exciting of all, we tied the knot on August 23rd, 2013.
- I have an intense sweet tooth. It has always been my weakness, but going back to the 80/20 rule, I think I can manage it.
- We have our quirks and ups and downs, but family will always be most important on my list. I love them with all my heart.
- My workout routine changes constantly. One minute I’m digging the gym, the next I’m running around town in my kicks or lifting dumbbells alongside George St. Pierre on RushFit. I like to keep it fresh!
I look forward to hearing from you!!Love,