It’s Saturday morning and I am pumped that another work week is done! Let’s celebrate with muffins that aren’t going to make you feel uber guilty for gobbling them up. So to start, there’s no flour in these muffins, just a crumb-load of oats, bananas, yogurt and applesauce ….and some other key ingredients. They’ll warm your belly right up and they make a great grab-and-go breakfast for those days when the snooze button is just way too enticing.
1/4 and 1/8 cup of sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Grind the oats in the blended until they are made into flour. Pour into a bowl. Mix in baking powder and baking soda.
3. Blend your bananas in the blender or food processor. Pour into separate bowl from oats. Add in yogurt, eggs, apple sauce and sugar.
4. Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Pour batter into muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins.
Graeme and I enjoyed our muffins with some raspberry smoothies this morning. Now we’re set for our Bruce Trail hiking adventure! Hope you found them as delicious as we do!